Homestyle Chicken stew
Chicken stew is a great family favourite to include in your dinner repertoire. Serve it with roast potatoes, vegetables or rice.
- 15 ml cooking oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 45 ml plain flour
- cup water
- 1 410 g can tomatoes, chopped
- 30 ml Knorr cream of chicken soup
- 6 chicken pieces (can be legs, thighs, breast)
- In a large pot heat the oil, add the carrots, onions and garlic and fry on a gentle heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry until well browned on all sides.
- Add the flour and stir so it makes a paste around the vegetables and chicken.
- Gradually add the water and tinned tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and allow to simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Mix the KNORR Cream of Chicken Soup with 4 tablespoons of water to make a smooth paste.
- Add it to the pot and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring continuously, until thickened.
- Better For You Tips: Remove the skin from the chicken before cooking and serve the meal with brown rice for a more wholesome dinner.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.