Creamy Fish Stew
Simple fish recipes can be tough to find. This different yet tasty recipe shows you how to make a stew using fish instead of red meat.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped (seeded)
- 15 ml oil
- 1 kg frozen fish fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 250 ml cake flour
- 1 sachet Knorr chicken and Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 30 ml tomato paste
- 30 ml chutney
- 1 pinch Robertsons rosemary
- 10 ml finely parsley, chopped
- 400 ml milk
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sautè the onions and green peppers for a few minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lemon juice over it and roll in flour.
- Fry the fish until browned on both sides.
- Add the onion mixture, milk, KNORR Chicken & Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-Sauce, tomato paste and Robertsons Rosemary.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the fish is done and the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Scatter the parsley on top and serve with rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.