Hearty Beef Stew with Mushrooms and Mash
Use red wine, button mushrooms and cubed beef to make this tasty stew ideal for a hearty family feast.
- 150 g pickling onions, peeled
- 15 ml oil
- 3 ml garlic, crushed
- 500 g lean beef, cubed
- 100 ml red wine (optional)
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 150 g button mushrooms, whole
- 1 Knorr Hearty beef stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 400 ml cold water
- 45 ml fresh Italian flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 350 g potatoes, cubed and boiled
- 50 ml milk
- 20 g Stork margarine
- In a large pot, brown onions in oil and add garlic and beef cubes.
- Fry until the meat is browned then add the wine, red pepper and mushrooms and fry for 2 min.
- Add 400 ml cold water to the pot and stir in the contents of the KNORR Hearty Beef Stew sachet.
- Bring to the boil while stirring.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 min, stirring occasionally and add parsley.
- Prepare mashed potato by mixing potato, milk and Stork margarine together.
- Serve stew with potato as a side dish.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.