Mustard, Beef and Red Wine Stew
The mustard and red wine give this stew a delicious depth of flavour so get everything into the pot and sit back and relax while it cooks!
- 500 g beef cubes
- 30 ml cake flour
- 30 ml cooking oil
- 15 ml Dijon mustard
- 30 ml grain mustard, whole
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15 ml tomato paste
- 10 ml Robertsons thyme
- 1 Knorr beef stock pot
- 375 ml red wine
- 250 ml water
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- Toss beef cubes in cake flour to lightly coat, then dust off and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot and fry the beef cubes until well browned.
- Add the Dijon mustard, wholegrain mustard, garlic, tomato paste, Robertsons Thyme and KNORR Beef Stock Pot, allow to cook for 1 minute stirring.
- Add the red wine and water together with the vegetables and bring to the boil then cover and reduce the heat to a simmer and allow to cook for 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with rice or creamy mash potato.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.