Hearty Beef Stew
Food that is good for the soul – sit back and relax while all the ingredients slow cook and the flavours infuse then serve with creamy mashed potato!
- 45 ml cooking oil
- 1 kg stewing beef, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 rashers bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 ml Robertsons mixed herbs
- 1.5 cups water
- 250 g brown mushrooms halved
- 60 ml Knorr Rich beef & Tomato Soup
- In a large pot, heat oil and fry beef until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Fry onions, bacon and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Return beef to pot, add Robertsons Mixed Herbs and fry for 1 minute.
- Add water and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and simmer for a further 25 minutes.
- Mix the KNORR Rich Beef and Tomato Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew. Simmer for 5 minutes and allow to thicken.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.