French-Style Chicken Stew
A fabulous French stew that combines chicken with white wine, tomatoes and basil!
- 45 ml cooking oil
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 500 ml water
- 125 ml white wine (optional)
- 1 tin tomatoes, chopped (410 g)
- 125 ml black olives, pitted
- 10 ml Robertsons sweet Basil
- 60 ml Knorr tinned minestrone soup
- In a large pot, heat oil and fry chicken until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion and red pepper, and cook until soft.
- Return chicken pieces to pot, and add water , wine if using, tomatoes, black olives and Robertsons Sweet Basil.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Mix the KNORR Minestrone Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew. Simmer for 5 minutes and allow to thicken.
- Serve with rice.
- Better For You Tips: To increase the vegetable content of this dish add in some sliced baby marrows. You can also remove the skin from the chicken pieces for a lower fat meal
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.