Broad Bean and Pumpkin Stew
Need a deliciously comforting vegetarian stew? Simmer pumpkin chunks, onions and tomatoes with nutrient-dense broad beans, add a touch of Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder for gentle heat, and thicken the gravy with KNORR Minestrone Soup.
- 2 cups broad beans dried
- 750 ml water
- 15 ml cooking oil
- 1.5 onions chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 15 ml Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
- 15 ml Robertsons Chicken Spice
- 2 cups pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 500 ml water
- 1 Knorrox Chicken Stock Cube
- 30 ml Knorr Minestrone Soup
- handful fresh spinach to serve
- In a pot, boil the broad beans in 3 cups of water until cooked and then drain.
- In another pot, fry the onion in oil until soft.
- Add the Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder and Robertsons Chicken Spice and allow it to cook through.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, water and Knorrox Chicken Stock Cube, turn down the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, mix the Knorr Minestrone Soup with 4 tablespoons of water to form a smooth paste, add it to the pot with the cooked broad beans and allow it all to simmer for 10 minutes until your stew starts to thicken.
- Serve with rice or sadza, and fresh spinach,
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.