A comforting homegrown dish the whole family will love.This delicious dish is even better enjoyed the next day!
- 500 g samp and beans
- 30 ml oil
- 2 tsp Robertsons garlic flakes
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 green pepper deseeded and diced
- 2 tbsp Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder
- 2 Robertsons bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Rajah Mild Masala curry powder
- 1 tbsp Robertsons mixed herbs
- 500 g beef stewing steak
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500 ml beef stock
- Robertsons salt and black pepper to season
- Soak the samp and bean mixture in boiling water preferably overnight or for a few hours, rinse and transfer to a saucepan and cover with fresh water and cook until soft, for about 1 hour. Strain and set aside.
- Heat the oil and fry the Robertsons Garlic Flakes, onion and green pepper. Add the spices then brown the meat in batches.
- Add the tomatoes and cooked samp and beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the beef stock, stir and simmer covered over a low heat until meat is tender.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.