Treat the family to a hearty lamb stew they won't stop raving about. Add extra flavour with Robertsons' Bay Leaves and black pepper.
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 2 onions diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 celery sticks diced
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 25 g flour for dusting
- 400 g lamb neck fillet trimmed and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot dissolved
- 1 tbsp Robertsons freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 Robertsons bay leaves
- 2 stalks fresh rosemary
- 100 g frozen peas
- Heat the Margarine in a medium to large casserole dish.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium heat until onions are soft but not browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Remove all vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Sprinkle the flour over the lamb and shake off the excess. Place into the hot casserole dish and cook for 10 minutes on medium-high heat until nice and golden in colour.
- Add the vegetables to the lamb and mix well.
- Add Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and the crushed Robertsons Freshly Ground Black Pepper and stir well.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, bay leaves, and rosemary and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to a gentle simmer. Cover and leave to simmer on very low heat for 1 ½ hours until the meat has become soft and juicy.
- Add the peas 20 minutes before the end of cooking time. Serve hot.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.