One Pan Pumpkin Leaf Sishebo
Bring goodness and local flavour to this shishebo recipe with pumpkin leaves (mekopu). As one of our Future 50 Foods, pumpkin leaves (mekopu) are grown locally and filled with incredible nutritional value. Enjoy them in a tasty meal that’s better for you and better for the world.
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into wedges
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1 small piece of ginger finely grated
- 30 ml Rajah curry powder
- 5 ml Robertsons ground turmeric
- packet (48 g) Knorr tomato base dry cook-in-sauce
- 30 g pumpkin leaves chopped
- 400 g tin light coconut milk
- wild rice to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large oven-proof pan or pot, mix the ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and KNORR Tomato Base Dry Cook In Sauce. Add the pumpkin wedges, drizzle with olive oil and toss well to coat.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden and soft.
- Remove from the oven and add the pumpkin leaves (mekopu) and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes to reheat (you could do this on a stovetop to save time).
- Serve with wild rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.