Vegetable & Chicken Stew with Amadumbe
Amadumbe is a great starch substitute in your daily meals. Tuck into this hearty stew, flavoured with the power of Knorrox Chicken Stock Cubes and Knorrox Spicy Chicken Soup.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped into large pieces
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 large green pepper sliced
- 1 whole chicken cut into portions
- 3 large carrots chopped
- 6 Madumbies or sweet potatoes peeled sliced
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 Knorrox chicken stock cube
- 1 x 410 g baked beans
- 250 ml or 1 cup frozen peas
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Knorrox spicy chicken soup powder
- In a pot, heat the oil and brown the chicken pieces. Once golden remove and set aside.
- Pour any excess oil out of the frying pan and then fry onions, garlic and green pepper until soft. Return the chicken to the pan and add the carrots, madumbies / sweet potatoes, water and KNORROX Chicken Stock Cube. Simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add baked beans, peas and KNORROX Spicy Chicken Soup Powder
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking to pot base.
- Serve with rice or pap.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.