Chicken and Lentil Stew
The combination of Chicken and Lentils makes this stew the perfect comfort meal for chilly winter evenings. Add Knorrox Chicken Stock Cubes for even more nourishment and taste!
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 chicken thighs cut in half
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 2 chopped carrots
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Rajah medium curry powder
- 375 ml (1.5 cups) water
- 1 cup brown lentils cooked
- 2 Knorrox chicken stock cubes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Knorrox Chicken Stock Cube mixed with 4 tbsp water
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chutney
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large pot, add the chicken pieces and fry until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion and green pepper until soft, then add the Rajah Curry Powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Return the chicken to the pot, and add the water, lentils, carrots and Knorrox Chicken Stock Cubes.
- Simmer covered for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the Knorrox Spicy Chicken Soup with the water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew, together with the chutney. Simmer for 5 minutes and allow to thicken.
- Serve with pap.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.