Classic Steak and Kidney Pie
Treat the family to this traditional steak and kidney pie, made with rich gravy and crispy pastry. Serve with roast vegetables.
- 500 g beef, cubed
- 500 g lamb kidneys, cleaned and cubed
- 250 ml red wine
- 50 g flour
- 15 ml oil
- 250 ml water
- 1 Knorr Hearty beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 400 g roll puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Marinate the beef cubes and kidneys in the red wine, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Dust the cubes with flour reserving the wine for later use.
- Fry the cubes in oil to brown.
- Add the KNORR Hearty Beef Dry Cook-in-Sauce, and the reserved wine and water. Stir well, and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Season with Robertsons Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste.
- Place in an ovenproof dish or 4 individual dishes.
- Roll out the pastry and place over the mixture to create the top of the pie.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake the pie at 200°C for 15 min or until golden brown.
- Serve with mashed potato and vegetables.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.