Mushrooms, brandy, cream and Worcestershire sauce make the base of this classic steak dish served in a creamy sauce. Steak Diane is an absolute classic dish that the whole family will love! Use Knorr Beef Stock Pot to greatly enhance the flavour of this dish.
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Robertsons ground black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tsp minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Knorr beef stock pot
- 1 cup sliced white mushroom caps
- 4 X (3 ounce) fillet mignons medallions
- ¼ cup cognac or Brandy
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 ml hot red pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley leaves
- freshly ground black peppercorns
- Remove the fat from the steaks, roll them out to make them a little thinner.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry steaks for 2 minutes on each side, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add the onion and Stork Margarine, stirring for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook on medium heat for further 2 minutes then add Worcestershire sauce and Maille Dijon Mustard, stir well for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the heat up and pour the brandy into the front edge of the pan. If using a gas stove top let the flame catch the brandy’s vapours and ignite, otherwise ignite a wooden skewer using a lighter and use this to light the brandy vapours – make sure you keep well away from the flame and there are no flammable materials nearby. Swirl slightly, then turn the heat down. Once the flames have subsided, add the water and KNORR Beef Stock Pot. Once the stock pot has melted and the sauce is hot again add the cream, stir in well over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add parsley and serve immediately.
- Better For You Tips : Serve this delicious steak with sweet potato oven baked chips and a side of sauteed spinach for a healthier take on this classic combo. You can also choose to create a lighter tasting sauce by using 125 ml low fat milk and 125 ml cream instead of the full 250 ml cream.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.