Chicken Heart, Gizzard and Neck Stew
Long simmering turns hearts, gizzards and necks into deliciously tender morsels, beautifully flavoured with the subtle spicing of our Naturally Tasty Moroccan Chicken recipe mix. - NDASH
- 205 g chicken gizzards
- 1 litre boiling water
- 30 ml Robertsons chicken Spice
- 15 ml salt
- 15 ml mild curry powder
- 150 g chicken hearts
- 250 g chicken necks
- 1 sachet Knorr Naturally Tasty Moroccan chicken Recipe mix
- Cut the gizzards in half and place them in a pot with 1 litre boiling water. Add the Chicken Spice, salt and curry powder, and boil until gizzards are soft.
- Then turn down the heat and simmer for about 30-45 minutes, adding more water if necessary so the pot doesn’t dry out.
- Add the hearts and necks, plus the contents of the sachet of KNORR Naturally Tasty Moroccan Chicken and another 125 ml water.
- Turn down the heat and cook for a further 30 – 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Serve hot with dumplings or pap, with a side dish of spinach or chakalaka.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.