Chicken Heart, Gizzard and Neck Stew
Long simmering turns hearts, gizzards and necks into deliciously tender morsels, beautifully flavoured with the subtle spicing of our Mild Durban Curry Knorr Cook-In-Sauce.
- 205 g chicken gizzards
- 1 litre boiling water
- 30 ml Robertsons chicken spice
- 15 ml Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- 15 ml Rajah Mild and Spicy curry powder
- 150 g chicken hearts
- 250 g chicken necks
- 1 sachet (48 g) Knorr mild Durban curry dry cook-in-sauce
- Cut the gizzards in half and place them in a pot with 1 litre boiling water. Add the Chicken Spice, salt and curry powder, and boil until gizzards are soft.
- Then turn down the heat and simmer for about 30-45 minutes, adding more water if necessary so the pot doesn’t dry out.
- Add the hearts and necks, plus the contents of the sachet of Knorr Dry Cook-In-Sauce Mild Durban Curry and another 125 ml water.
- Turn down the heat and cook for a further 30 – 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Serve hot with dumplings or pap, with a side dish of spinach or chakalaka.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.