Rump Steak with Red Wine and Mushroom Sauce
What is a good steak without a sauce? Try this simple sauce recipe that will have your family and friends thinking you must be a professional chef!
- 15 ml olive oil
- 150 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 125 ml red wine
- 250 ml cream
- 125 ml water
- 1 sachet Knorr Classic White Sauce
- 5 ml Robertsons rosemary
- 4 rump steaks
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry sliced button mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until they are soft and tender.
- Add the red wine and allow to simmer for 5 minutes for the alcohol to burn off.
- Stir in the cream, water and contents of the sachet of KNORR Classic White Sauce.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 3 minutes whilst stirring.
- Stir in the Robertsons Rosemary and remove from heat.
- Season the rump steaks and grill or braai to your liking, serve with the red wine and Mushroom Sauce, roasted sweet potato wedges and salad.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.