Warm Winter Bone Soup
This deliciously hearty, nourishing soup is made with a variety of chunky vegetables and meaty beef bones, with Rajah Mild Masala Curry powder adding mouth-watering flavour. It’s the perfect pick-me-up on a cold winter’s day when you need a hug in a bowl.
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 kg meaty beef bones
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Knorrox All-In-One Spice
- 3 onions, peeled and cut into chunks
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) crushed fresh garlic
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder
- 4 celery sticks, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 Knorrox beef stock cubes
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) boiling water
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar beans, soaked in water overnight
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Dust the beef bones with the Knorrox All-in-One, then add them to the pot and brown them all over, in batches if necessary. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- To the same pot, add the onions, garlic and Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder, and cook over a medium-low heat until the onions are slightly golden.
- Put the beef bones back into the pot and add the celery, carrots, potatoes, Knorrox Beef Stock Cubes and boiling water.
- Drain the soaked sugar beans and add them to the pot. Cover with a lid and simmer over a low heat for 3 – 4 hours, stirring every now and then. Add more water if necessary.
- Serve piping hot with bread or rolls.
- Without milk
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.