Cheesy Sweetcorn, Potato and Bacon Soup
Nothing says ‘I love you’ like a rich, creamy bowl of soup served piping-hot on a chilly night. This gorgeous, homely soup is perked up with garlic, thyme and chilli flakes, with bacon adding a smoky note and a Knorr Chicken Stock pot creating rich layers of flavour.
- 100 g diced bacon
- 20 g butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 5 ml Robertsons Thyme
- 5 ml Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- 1 packet Knorr Bacon Carbonara Sauce
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 x 400 g sweetcorn
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot (dissolved in 800ml hot water)
- 50 g mature cheddar
- Put the bacon in a pan over a low-medium heat. Allow it to render slowly until golden. Remove the bacon from the pan, but leaving the fat in it.
- Add the butter to the bacon fat, allow to melt, and then add the onion and garlic. Cook out until soft. Add the red pepper, Robertson’s Thyme, Robertson’s Crushed Chillies and Knorr Bacon Carbonara Sauce. Stir to combine for 1 minute.
- Then, add the potatoes, sweetcorn, Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and the bacon, leaving a spoon of bacon aside to garnish at the end.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 35-45 minutes until desired consistency and the potatoes have cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Serve hot, garnished with bacon and chopped parsley, with toasted sourdough on the side.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.