Creamy Chakalaka Soup with Biltong
All the punchy flavours of traditional chakalaka transformed into a heart-warming soup topped with sliced biltong and a swirl of cream.
- 30ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 10ml crushed garlic
- 10ml rajah mild & spicy curry powder
- 1.25ml Robertsons Chilli Flakes, grated
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 tin (410 g) chopped & peeled tomatoes
- 1 750ml sachet water
- 1 KNORR Naturally Tasty Chilli Con Carne Recipe Mix
- 1 tin (410 g) baked beans
- 60ml cream
- 50g sliced moist biltong
- Heat oil in a large pot and fry the onion, green pepper and garlic until soft.
- Stir in the curry powder and Robertsons Chilli Flakes and allow to fry for 1 – 2 minutes stirring continuously to release the flavour and aroma.
- Add the grated carrots and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Then stir in the tinned tomatoes, water and contents of the sachet of KNORR Naturally Tasty Chilli Con Carne Recipe Mix.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and stir in the baked beans and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, season to taste and serve in bowls topped with sliced biltong.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.