Creamy Chakalaka Soup with Biltong
All the punchy flavours of traditional chakalaka transformed into a heart-warming soup topped with sliced biltong and a swirl of cream.
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 10 ml crushed garlic
- 10 ml Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
- 1.25 ml Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 tin chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 750 ml water
- 1 Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce Tomato Base
- 1 tin baked beans
- 60 ml cream
- 50 grams moist biltong, sliced
- Heat oil in a large pot and fry the onion, green pepper and garlic until soft.
- Stir in the curry powder and Robertsons Chilli Flakes and allow to fry for 1 – 2 minutes stirring continuously to release the flavour and aroma.
- Add the grated carrots and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Then stir in the tinned tomatoes, water and contents of the sachet of Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce Tomato Base.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and stir in the baked beans and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, season to taste and serve in bowls topped with sliced biltong.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.