Chicken Noodle Soup
Looking for new ideas for your weekly meal planner? Here’s a tasty chicken noodle soup that is sure put a smile on anyone’s dial!
- 1 1.4 kg chicken, whole
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 2.4 l water
- 4 leeks, roughly chopped
- 1 Robertsons bay leaf
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 30 ml fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 12 white peppercorns, whole
- 50 g vermicelli noodles
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Place the whole chicken and the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot in a large pot with the water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the roughly chopped vegetables and herbs, bring back to the boil, cover and allow to simmer for 40 minutes.
- Strain, place the broth back in the pot and thicken by mixing a little corn flour with some water to form a smooth paste then stir into the chicken broth
- Add the vermicelli noodles and bring to the boil stirring.
- Use the chicken flesh for making chicken mayonnaise sandwiches or a chicken salad
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.