Mussels in creamy garlic sauce
Fresh mussels steamed in white wine with a creamy garlic sauce – a delicious treat!
- 500 g mussels
- 250 ml white wine
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 Knorr Classic White Sauce
- 10 ml Robertsons garlic flakes
- 250 ml milk
- Robertsons freshly ground Black Pepper
- Prepare mussels by thoroughly scrubbing the shells in cold water and remove any excess bits and pieces that may be stuck to them as well as the “beard”
- Combine the contents of the sachet of KNORR Classic White Sauce with the milk in a jug
- Place mussels in a large pot with the white wine. Cover and heat over a medium heat until the shells begin to open (about 5 minutes).
- Quickly pour the sauce over the mussels and then add the spring onions and Robertsons Garlic Flakes. Cover and cook for a further 5 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with crusty bread and a good grinding of Robertsons Black Pepper.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.