Prawns with Garlic, Wine and Cheese
Garlic, cheese and white wine make up the tasty flavour of this creamy thermidor prawn recipe.
- 30 g margarine
- 1 leek, sliced
- 400 g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 1 Knorr Creamy garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- 500 ml milk
- 250 ml mature cheddar cheese
- 125 ml fresh cream
- 1 pinch Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- Robertsons freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan.
- Add leeks and prawns and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine.
- In a jug, mix the KNORR Potato Bake together with the cold milk and stir until well combined.
- Gradually add the milk mixture to the prawns, stirring until smooth.
- Continue stirring over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the cheese and cream.
- Add seasonings and parsley and serve.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.