Cheesy Prawn Thermidor
This seafood delight is made by simmering prawns in spring onion, thyme and a dash of brandy, and topping them with a tasty cheese sauce.
- 3 ml Robertsons paprika
- 125 ml cream
- 250 ml fish or chicken stock
- 1 Knorr Three cheese pasta sauce
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 250 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- salt and white pepper (to taste)
- 25 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 60 ml brandy
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 100 ml margarine
- 500 g prawns, deveined and shelled
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 125 ml Parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt 40 ml margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add spring onions and sautè for 2-3 min.
- Stir in the prawns and fry until the prawns turn from translucent to pale pink.
- Add the brandy and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the thyme, salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- In a small saucepan melt 20 ml butter and fry the mushrooms until golden brown.
- In a separate frying pan, melt 20 ml margarine and stir in the Knorr Three Cheese Pasta Sauce, stirring well to prevent lumps.
- Gradually whisk in stock and cook for 10 min until thickened.
- Stir in the cream and cook for a further 5 min.
- Add paprika, Tabasco sauce and lemon juice.
- Stir the prawns and mushrooms into the cheese sauce and lightly mix together.
- Spoon into individual ramekins and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place on a baking dish and bake for 20 min until golden brown.
- Serve with fluffy white rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.