Spice Island Inspired Seafood & Coconut Curry
Taste the Spice Islands with a delicious, flavour-packed seafood curry seasoned with Robertsons Garlic Flakes and Turmeric. Enjoy this mouth-watering curry with fresh flatbreads and steamed rice.
- 400 g mixed seafood, steamed
- 30 g Butter or Ghee
- 15 ml or 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 sprigs fresh curry leaves, extra as optional garnish
- 10 ml or 2 Tsp Robertsons Garlic Flakes
- 10 ml or 2 Tsp Robertsons Turmeric
- 5 ml or 1 Tsp Robertsons Cayenne Pepper
- 6 x plum tomatoes, grated
- 5 ml or 1 Tsp brown sugar
- 15 ml or 1 Tbsp Rajah curry powder (Medium)
- 250 ml or 1 cup hot water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 15 ml or 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 10 g fresh coriander
- 62.5 ml or ¼ cup coconut flakes, toasted
- Robertsons Salt & Pepper to taste
- Get a large cast iron skillet or pan onto the stove top at a medium heat.
- Add the oil, ghee, fresh curry leaves and onions, sauté until the onions begin to go translucent.
- Add the Robertsons Cayenne Pepper, Robertsons Turmeric and Rajah Curry Powder and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the grated tomato, Robertsons garlic flakes & brown sugar. Bring to the boil & simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for a further 15 minutes uncovered.
- Stir in the octopus & lemon juice. Simmer for a final 10 minutes.
- Season to taste. Top with fresh chopped coriander & coconut flakes.
- Serve with steamed Jasmine rice.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.