Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe
This quick and easy tuna bake recipe uses ingredients you likely already have in your cupboard! An updated take on tuna casserole, it's hearty and delicious.
- 125 ml or ½ cup Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 ml or 2 tsp garlic clove, finely chopped
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 x 170 g cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 x 28g Knorr chicken stock pot (dissolved in 500ml water)
- 226 g bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 250 ml or 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 45 ml or 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup crumbled crackers (about 10 crackers)
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Heat 6 tablespoons Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise in 12-inch nonstick pan over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in tuna and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Whisk in broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 2 minutes .
- Stir in bow tie pasta, peas and cheese and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Turn into 2-quart shallow casserole.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise with cracker crumbs; sprinkle over casserole. Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.