Spicy Morogo Tuna Cakes
Use Robertsons Spice for Fish plus paprika to add wonderful warm spicy flavours to chunky fish cakes made with fresh morogo, sweet potato and corn. Serve with a leafy green salad, or make a double batch of this healthy snack so you can pop the extras into lunch boxes the next day.
- 2 x 170 g cans tuna in brine, drained
- 500 ml or 2 cups of sweet potato mash
- 250 ml or 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 250 ml or 1 cup of chopped morogo
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup of corn
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp Robertsons Spice for Fish
- 10 ml or 2 tsp Robertsons Paprika
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup of vegetable oil for frying
- Mix the tuna, mash, morogo, corn, egg and spices and season with salt to taste.
- Divide into 8 fishcakes.
- Fry in oil over a medium heat for 2 minutes a side.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with a fresh green salad, lemon wedges and herbed mayonnaise.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.