Chakalaka Mussels and Prawns Hot Pot
A seafood hot pot like no other with hot and spicy chakalaka for added fiery flavor on a cold night. Top with parsley and enjoy with bread or toasted baguette!
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tbsps crushed garlic with chilli paste
- 10 medium-sized prawns
- 1 kg closed mussels
- 2 tbsps fish spice
- 2 tbsps Rajah All-In-One curry powder
- 1 tbsp Robertsons cayenne pepper
- 125 ml white wine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 x 410 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 410 g tin hot and spicy relish sauce (chakalaka)
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- 1 ml salt to season
- ¼ cup fresh parsley - chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the onion, green pepper, and garlic, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the prawns and mussels stirring well, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish spice, Rajah All in One curry powder, Robertsons Cayenne Pepper, and stir well and cook for a minute.
- Add the wine and lemon juice and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and continue to simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat and add the tinned chakalaka and allow to cook for 5 minutes while continuously stirring the pot to prevent sticking.
- Add the parsley and serve hot in a bowl with bread or a toasted baguette.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.