The perfect pizza sauce recipe with garlic, basil, tomatoes and a touch of rich, creamy Hellmann's® Original Mayonnaise.
- 15 ml or 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (about 24g)
- 2 x 400 g can whole peeled tomatoes in puree, undrained
- 50 g or 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves (about 10g)
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp. Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat and cook garlic, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes, until just golden.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes, until sauce is cooked.
- Blend sauce with hand blender or in blender until desired consistency.
- Makes enough sauce for 2 to 3 pizzas.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.