Chicken and Tomato Bredie
Introducing our easy recipe for Chicken and Tomato Bredie - a traditional Malay stew first bought to the Cape of Good Hope from the East.
- 15 ml oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 ml Robertsons cinnamon
- 2.5 ml Robertsons crushed chilli
- 5 ml Robertsons ginger
- 8 chicken thighs
- 100 ml water
- 2 potatoes &, peeled cubed
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tin tomatoes, chopped
- 1 sachet Knorr spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 5 ml sugar
- 5 ml Robertsons mixed herbs
- Heat oil in a large pot and fry the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the Robertsons Cinnamon, Crushed Chilli and Ginger and fry for 2 minutes to cook the spices.
- Add the chicken thighs and the water, place the lid on and allow the chicken to braise for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes, sachet of KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce and the sugar, stir well and replace the lid.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer slowly for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- When the potatoes are soft and the chicken is starting to fall off the bone, remove from the heat and stir in the Robertsons Mixed Herbs.
- Serve with rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.