Transform your leftover roast beef into the star of a Legendary Beef Sandwich.
- 8 slices crusty whole grain bread
- 8 slices cold roast beef slices
- 8 slices tomato
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- 4 gherkins, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Hellmann's Original mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 180˚C
- Evenly top 4 bread slices with tomato, roast beef, cheese, gherkin, and red onion. Top with remaining 4 bread slices. Spread outside of sandwiches evenly with Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise.
- Toast sandwiches. Cook sandwiches in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, pressing down with a spatula before turning and then pressing down again.
- Once both sides are toasted, place on an oven tray. Once all sandwiches are toasted, place oven tray in the oven for about 8 to 12 minutes so that the inside can heat up and the cheese becomes melted.
- Remove from oven and cut, and serve warm.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.