Beef Tagliata Salad with Tomatoes, Rocket and Basil
Looking for a healthy low-carb beef dish? Try this vibrant Italian-style salad made with lean steak and roasted cherry tomatoes, and topped with a drizzle of basil pesto, shavings of parmesan cheese and crunchy toasted almonds.
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 15 ml olive oil
- Robertsons atlantic sea salt
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 50 g packet Knorr hearty beef soup
- 2.5 ml Robertsons black pepper, to taste
- 30 ml canola oil
- 500 g flank steak (or rump steak)
- 60 g mixed rocket leaves
- 20 g basil leaves
- 80 ml basil pesto
- 30 g Parmesan / pecorino, shaved
- 30 g slivered almonds, toasted
- Heat the oven to 120C.
- Place the tomatoes on a lined baking tray, drizzle them with 10ml olive oil, a pinch of Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt and thyme.
- Slowly roast them for 1 hour, tossing them half way through.
- Once the tomatoes are out of the oven, turn the temperature up to 160C.
- Mix the Knorr Hearty Beef Soup, Robertson’s Black Pepper, 15ml canola oil and 30ml cold oil together to form a paste, then massage it in to the steak.
- Heat the remaining 15ml canola oil in a pan over a high heat. When the oil is almost at smoking point, add the steak and seal it on both sides. Put the steak on a tray and put it into the oven for 7-10 minutes, depending on how well-done you would like it.
- Once cooked, remove it from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Once the steak has cooled, slice it into thin strips.
- Toss the rocket and basil with a 5ml olive oil and lay it on the platter, arrange the sliced steak pieces and tomatoes on top. Drizzle over the basil pesto.
- Finish with parmesan/pecorino shavings and toasted almonds.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.