Bulgur Wheat, Prawn and Corn Salad
Avocado and pan-fried prawns add a touch of luxury to this delicious bulgur wheat and corn salad, which is a meal all on its own! Drizzle with KNORR Balsamic and Pineapple Salad Dressing for a burst of fresh, tangy flavour.
- 250 ml bulgur wheat
- 500 ml water
- 45 ml butter
- 1 x 400 g tin corn, drained
- 125 ml cucumber cubes
- 250 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60 ml chopped fresh coriander
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- white pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 500 g medium shelled prawns
- juice of half a lemon
- 125 ml finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 Knorr Balsamic & pineapple Vinaigrette Salad dressing
- Place the bulgur wheat and water in a medium pot and cook according to the packet instructions. Drain the wheat, then season to taste with salt. Set aside.
- Heat 15ml of the butter in a pan, add the corn and cook over a high heat for five minutes, until the corn is slightly charred.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked bulgur wheat, the charred corn, half the cucumber cubes, half the tomatoes and the coriander, then mix in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and leave to rest.
- Heat a little vegetable oil and the remaining 30ml butter in a frying pan, add the prawns and fry until firm and bright pink. Season with lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Now assemble the salad on your favourite platter. Start with a layer of all the sliced cabbage, then evenly distribute the contents of the bowl on top. Add the remaining tomatoes and cucumber, and top with the cooked prawns and avocado slices. Drizzle the KNORR Balsamic & Pineapple Salad Dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.