Couscous Salad with Roasted Vegetables
Spice up tired dinner recipes with this creative Couscous Salad. Although it is easy to make, its incredible flavours are sure to impress.
- 600 g ready to roast vegetables
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 250 ml boiling water
- 250 ml couscous
- 5 ml sunflower oil
- 60 g dates, pitted and chopped
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1.5 rounds feta cheese, crumbled
- 100 g pecan nuts, lightly roasted and chopped
- 30 rocket leaves to garnish
- 1 ml salt to season
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place roasting vegetables into an ovenproof roasting dish, drizzle with sunflower oil then season (to taste) with salt and black pepper.
- Mix well to ensure all the vegetables are well coated then roast in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the butternut is soft.
- In the mean time dissolve the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot in the boiling water in a measuring jug.
- Place the couscous in a bowl together with the dates and sunflower oil and mix well.
- Pour the hot stock over the couscous then quickly cover with cling film and allow to steam for about 2 minutes.
- When ready remove the cling film and use a fork to fluff up and separate the couscous grains.
- Add the roasted vegetables, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and pecan nuts and mix well.
- Garnish with rocket leaves for a fresh and peppery taste.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.