Shisa nyama with spicy potato salad
This spicy potato salad is also delicious with grilled chicken pieces!
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 15 ml cooking oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 15 ml Rajah mild & spicy curry powder
- 250 ml mayonnaise
- 15 ml Knorr brown onion Soup
- 30 ml parsley, chopped
- 3 eggs, boiled, peeled and sliced
- 30 ml cooking oil
- 30 ml Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice
- 500 g braai meat
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until just soft, then drain and allow to cool.
- Heat the oil in a pan then fry the onions until soft.
- Add the Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder and fry for 1 minute to release the aroma and flavour.
- Allow the onions to cool then mix together with the mayonnaise, KNORR Brown Onion Soup and parsley, then gently mix into the cooled potatoes and eggs.
- Mix the oil and Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice together to make a paste and rub onto your braai meat.
- Place the meat onto hot coals and braai to your liking.
- Serve the shisa nyama with the spicy potato salad
- Better For You Tips : For a healthier option use baby potatoes with the skin on when making the potato salad instead of large peeled potatoes and substitute half the mayonnaise with plain low fat yoghurt
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.