Chicken and Tomato Rice Salad
Sometimes a recipe can be so crazy it works, and this one is all about the sauce. We put elements of oriental cooking - soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil - and combined them with flavours closer to home - Dijon mustard, lemon juice and Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise - the result? The Fusion Sauce Salad.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 300 gram cooked long-grain rice
- 1 celery stick finely diced
- 225 gram tinned sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 red pepper finely ground
- 4 tablespoon Hellmann's Original mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Maille Dijonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 peeled mandarin orange
- Preheat oven 180°C, 160°C fan, or Gas mark 4.
- Season the chicken breast with ground black pepper, place on a baking tray and cook for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Take it out to cool slightly, then cut into bite size pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken and rice with celery, spring onions, water chestnuts, red pepper and almonds.
- In a small jug, whisk together Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise, Maille Dijon Mustard, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame seed oil and lemon juice for oriental inspired sauce. This is where the magic happens!
- Pour over chicken and vegetables, toss well, so that the Fusion Sauce covers the other ingredients, then and serve on a bed of crisp lettuce leaves. If you want a jolt of orange on the plate, garnish with mandarin segments.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.