Gammon and Potato Rosti
Repeat the feast with Hellmann’s and transform your leftover gammon into a yummy Gammon & Potato rosti.
- For Potato Rosti:
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups leftover roast potatoes, grated
- For the Gammon:
- 1 cup leftover gammon , shredded
- 5 thyme leaves
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 100 ml Hellmann's original mayonnaise
- 10 g parsley, roughly chopped
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt, to taste
- Robertsons ground black peppercorns, to season
- Potato Rosti:
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Heat 2 Tbsp butter in a large oven-proof pan/skillet over a medium-low heat. Once melted, add the red onion, garlic and thyme. Sauté slowly until softened – be sure to not burn the butter or onion. Once softened, tip it into a large bowl and wipe the pan clean – you will use it again.
- Add the gammon, grated roast potatoes, egg, Hellmann’s Original Mayonnaise and parsley to the bowl with the onion. Mix thoroughly and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return the pan to the stove top over a medium heat. Add the remaining 2 Tbsp butter. Once melted, tip the mix into the pan, flattening it gently with a spatula. Allow it to cook until golden and crispy underneath, then place the pan in the oven. Roast until golden on top, about 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Tip the rosti out onto a board and slice into portions. Serve warm.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.