Quinoa Vegetable Bowls with Honey Roasted Cashews
These bright vegan ‘nourish bowls’ are brimming with flavour and goodness, and contain three of our Knorr Future 50 Foods – quinoa, kale and cooked cowpeas. Finish them off with honey-roasted cashew nuts, lime wedges and fresh coriander for an unforgettable plant-based dinner.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 red pepper
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt, to season
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper, to season
- 1 Knorr peri peri sauce
- 80 g cashew nuts
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) honey (vegan equivalent)
- 200 g uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 200 g cooked black-eyed peas, drained
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Peel the butternut and carrot and chop into 3-cm cubes. Slice the red pepper into 3-cm pieces.
- Place the vegetables onto a large baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Roast at 180 °C for 20 minutes, or until butternut is cooked through. Remove from the oven (leave the oven turned on) and sprinkle over half the contents of the sachet of Knorr Peri-Peri Sauce. Set aside.
- Place the cashews nuts in a bowl, add half of the honey (1 Tbsp) and a pinch of salt, and stir to combine. Spread the cashews on an oven tray lined with baking paper and bake at 180 °C, turning the nuts over halfway, for 5-6 minutes, or until golden. Let the nuts cool completely.
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet, adding the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot to the water in which you cook it.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and fry gently for 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Stir in the cooked cowpeas, the vinegar, the remaining 1 Tbsp of honey (optional) and the other half of the sachet of Knorr Peri-Peri Sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and warm through for two minutes.
- Wash and chop the kale or spinach. Cook for 2 minutes in boiling water, then drain well, squeezing out any excess water.
- Divide the cooked quinoa between four bowls and top with the roasted vegetables, the cowpea mixture and the cooked kale or spinach.
- Sprinkle over the toasted cashew nuts and garnish with lime wedges and chopped fresh coriander.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.