Tomato and Wine Roasted Lamb Shanks
We know lamb is a real treat these days and using the Knorr Garlic & Rosemary Cook-in-Bag you can be sure that your lamb shanks will be juicy, tender and succulent every time!
- 4 medium-sized lamb shanks
- 1 Knorr Cook-in-Bag garlic and Rosemary
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 175 ml red wine
- 1.25 cups water
- No need to preheat oven.
- Place lamb shanks into the roasting bag with the onion, garlic, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, wine and water and season with dry KNORR mixture. Close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage KNORR mixture into the lamb on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish.
- Bake at 180°C for 1 Hour and 40 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at all times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Carefully cut the bag open and transfer to a serving dish with any sauce that is in the bag.
- Season generously with Robertsons Black Pepper and serve hot with mash or pap.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.