Roast Lamb with Mint and Rosemary Gravy
Using the Knorr Cook-in-Bag you will never have to stress again about your lamb being dry and flavourless! Try this delicious recipe for your Sunday roast!
- 1.5 kg leg of lamb (bone in)
- 1 Knorr Cook-in-Bag garlic and rosemary
- 15 ml dry sherry
- 250 ml water
- 5 ml fresh mint, chopped
- 5 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- 10 ml cornflour to make a paste, mixed with a little water
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 30 ml mint jelly
- No need to preheat oven.
- Place leg of lamb into the cooking bag and season with dry KNORR mixture.
- Very gently massage KNORR mixture into the lamb on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly and close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish.
- Bake at 180°C for 1 Hour and 40 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at all times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Remove the lamb from the cooking bag, set aside and allow to rest before carving, keep the juices from the bag aside.
- In a small saucepan melt the mint jelly with the dry sherry, add the water, KNORR Chicken Stock Pot, herbs, juices from the cooking bag and corn flour and bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute while stirring continuously.
- Serve over your roast lamb.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.