Lemon and Herb Roast Chicken with Autumn Veggies
Roast chicken is a family favourite – the Knorr Lemon and Italian Herb Cook-in-Bag allows the delicious lemon flavours to permeate your roast chicken and veggies!
- 1.3 kg chicken, whole and cleaned with giblets removed
- 1 Knorr Cook-in-Bag lemon and Italian Herbs
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small butternut, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- No need to preheat oven.
- Carefully place the whole chicken into the roasting bag together with the veggies.
- Season with dry Knorr mixture. Close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage Knorr mixture into chicken on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring ingredients are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180C for 90 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at ALL times.
- Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch sides of the oven).
- Carefully cut the top of the bag open 15 minutes before the end of cooking and return to the oven to continue to roast – this will allow the skin of the chicken to crisp up.
- When the chicken is ready carefully cut open the bag, coat chicken in any remaining juices – allow to rest before carving and then serve with the roasted veggies.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.