Perfect Roast Potatoes
Roast potatoes are the traditional South African accompaniment to any roast dinner and the perfect roast potato with a crispy outside and soft inside can either make or break the occasion!
- 8 large potatoes length ways, peeled and sliced in half (Floury potatoes are best for roasting)
- 120 ml sunflower oil
- 1 sachet Knorr Creamy garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water then bring to the boil
- Once boiling allow to cook for 5 minutes then drain – be careful not to over boil or your potatoes will turn to mash
- Vigorously shake the potatoes the colander in order to roughen up the outsides slightly
- In a bowl whisk together the oil and the contents of the sachet of KNORR Garlic & Herb Potato Bake
- Place the potatoes flat side down in a roasting tray and pour the oil mixture over
- Roast in the oven for 50 minutes to one hour turning over once half way through and basting with the oil regularly
- Better For You Tips: For extra fibre leave the skin of the potatoes intact and roast an assortment of vegetables together in the same pan as your potatoes
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.