Slow Roasted Lamb Shanks
Looking for a special occasion dish to blow your guests away? Try this succulent slow-cooked lamb shank recipe.
- 45 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp Robertsons Rustic Garlic & Herb
- 6 lamb shanks
- salt to season
- 2 large onions peeled and thickly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves peeled
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the olive oil and Robertsons Rustic Garlic & Herb in a small bowl. Rub the lamb shanks with the spice rub. Season with salt.
- Place the onion, garlic and rosemary in the bottom of a large roasting pan, drizzle with the rest of the olive oil.
- Place the lamb shanks on top of the onions. Cover with foil and roast in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and roast for another 30 minutes, basting with the pan juices every 10 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.