Slow Roasted Lamb Shanks
An absolute show stopper of a meal, perfect for a celebration! Slow roast your lamb shanks on a bed of onion slices, garlic and rosemary until they're so tender that the meat falls off the bone, then serve with buttery mash and peas.
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Robertsons Masterblend Rustic Garlic & Herb
- 6 lamb shanks
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Robertsons Black Pepper
- 2 large onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- extra olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C .
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and the Robertsons Masterblends Rustic Garlic & Herb. Rub the lamb shanks all over with this mixture.
- Place the onion slices, garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs in the bottom of a large roasting pan, then drizzle with a little more olive oil.
- Place the lamb shanks on top. Cover with foil and roast at 175 °C for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and roast for another 30 minutes, basting with the pan juices every 10 minutes, or until the shanks are golden brown and tender.
- Serve hot with buttery mash and peas, or with roast potatoes and a fresh rocket salad.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.