Spicy Lentil Stuffed Butternut
Soft, healthy and vegetarian-friendly, this beautiful butternut surprise is filled to the brim with great ingredients like cooked black lentils, onions pan fried in curry powder, chopped coriander and a KNORR Minestrone Soup for added flavour.
- 2 large butternut squashes
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, destalked and chopped
- 1 tsp Rajah curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander (optional)
- Knorr Minestrone Soup
- 4 tbsp water
- Cut the butternut in half lengthwise; discard the seeds. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each half so it sits flat. Place cut side down in a baking dish; add 2cm of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 200°C for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pan. When the butternut halves are cool enough to handle, scoop out most of the pulp, leaving about a shell that's about 1-cm thick.
- In a pan fry the onions, and when fragrant and soft add the curry powder. Stir in the cooked lentils, spinach and butternut pulp.
- Allow the spinach to cook, dissolve the soup powder in the water and once spinach is cooked stir in the dish and allow to thicken.
- Spoon the mixture into the butternut shells.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the butternut is tender.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.