Chakalaka Roasted Red Cabbage Steaks with Mixed Seeds
Vegetarian steaks? Yes, please! Red cabbage is one of our fabulous Future 50 Foods and it contains plenty of goodness to keep you going! Try a scrumptious dish of thickly sliced red cabbage basted in chakalaka and roasted to perfection.
- 125 ml olive oil
- Knorr chakalaka soup
- 1 large red cabbage cut into slices
- 80 ml plain yoghurt (remove yoghurt for fully vegan meal)
- 65 g mixed seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the olive oil and Knorr Chakalaka Soup and rub over the cabbage steaks.
- Arrange on a lined baking tray and roast in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until just tender.
- Serve the steaks with the yoghurt (exclude yoghurt for a fully vegan meal) and sprinkled with the seeds.
- Nut Free
- Future 50 foods
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.