Sweet and Spicy Rice Salad
Leftover rice? The quality ingredients in Hellmann’s can transform it into a magical Sweet and Spicy Rice Salad, so that your leftovers don’t go to waste.
- 410 g (1 tin) peaches, drained and chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Rajah medium curry powder
- 250 g back bacon, cooked and chopped (optional)
- 3 - 4 cups cooked rice
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) Hellmann's original mayonnaise
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions, peppers until soft and light brown. Add the chopped bacon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Rajah Medium Curry Powder and cook for 2 min to allow the flavour to be released.
- Add the peaches and cook for 1 min. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl mix the Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise and rice together before adding in the onion/peach mixture and mixing until well combined.
- Allow to stand for 20 min before serving.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.