Garlic and Herb Hake Fillets with Lentils and Rice
South Africa's favourite fish prepared in a way that will have the whole family asking for more!
- 4 large hake fillets (free from skin and bones)
- 150 ml cake flour
- 1 sachet Knorr Creamy garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50 g chives, finely chopped
- 2 cups rice, boiled and drained
- 1 tin lentils, drained
- 15 ml basil pesto
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or pot.
- In a bowl mix together the cake flour and the contents of the sachet of KNORR
- Garlic and Herb Potato Bake.
- Dip the hake into the egg first and then into the flour mixture and repeat.
- Lightly fry the hake until the crust is a light golden brown.
- Remove hake from oil and allow to drain on paper towel.
- To prepare the rice sauté the mushrooms, garlic and chives in a pan until cooked then stir this together with the lentils and basil pesto into the cooked rice.
- Better For You Tips : Replace rice with wild or brown rice & salad for a more nutritious alternative.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.