Crumbed Calamari Rings with Lentil Rice
Honey and mustard shallow-fried calamari with lentil rice and salad makes a great meal for entertaining friends.
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 30 ml fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 15 ml honey
- 15 ml mustard
- 400 g calamari rings
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) oil (for frying)
- 225 g mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g chives, chopped
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 10 ml margarine
- 300 g rice, cooked
- 250 g lentils, cooked or canned
- 50 g carrot, grated
- 50 g celery, julienned
- 120 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 g cucumber, sliced
- 100 g lettuce, shredded
- Mix breadcrumbs and chopped coriander together in a dish.
- Mix eggs, honey and mustard together.
- Dip calamari rings into egg mixture first and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Lightly fry calamari in oil until coating is light golden brown.
- Prepare rice by sautéing mushrooms and chives in Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and margarine until cooked.
- Stir this mixture into prepared rice together with the lentils.
- Prepare salad ingredients in a platter.
- Serve calamari rings with savoury rice and salad.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.