Garlic and Herb Calamari with Savoury Rice
Be sure to make plenty because this calamari may not even make it to the table!
- 50 g fresh chives, finely chopped
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 15 ml oil (for frying)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 x 43 gram sachet Knorr Creamy garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- 90 ml cake flour
- 400 g package frozen calamari rings
- 2 cup rice, boiled and drained
- 1 tin lentils, drained
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or pot.
- In a bowl mix together the cake flour and KNORR Garlic & Herb Potato Bake.
- Dip calamari rings into the egg first and then into the flour mixture.
- Lightly fry the calamari until the crust is a light golden brown.
- Remove calamari from oil and allow to drain on paper towel.
- To prepare the rice sauté the mushrooms and chives in a pan until cooked then stir this together with the lentils into the cooked rice.
- Serve the calamari rings with the rice and a side salad.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.