Lentil, Broccoli and Cheese Quiche
The combination of lentils, broccoli and cheese make this quiche recipe the ideal Sunday lunch meal served with a salad.
- 250 ml milk
- 4 eggs beaten
- 125 g cheddar cheese grated
- 250 g fresh tomatoes chopped
- 500 g broccoli florets
- 500 ml water
- 125 ml dried lentils
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- salt & Pepper to taste
- 5 ml thyme chopped
- 5 ml parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 celsius.
- Place the onion and olive oil into a 27cm round deep quiche dish.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Place the lentils, water and KNORR Chicken Stock Pot into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Drain most of the water off, and then place the broccoli florets on top of the lentils.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
- This will dry the lentils and cook the broccoli.
- Transfer the lentils, broccoli and tomatoes to the round dish with the onions and stir to evenly distribute each item.
- Stir in the cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, thyme & parsley.
- Pour over the ingredients in the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the centre is firm when the quiche is jiggled.
- Cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve with a light green salad.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.