Choc-o-Chip Cookie Bars
Bite into our delicious Choc-o-Chip Cookie Bars made with Hellmann's® Original Mayonnaise and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 375 g or 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 ml or 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 5 ml or 1 tsp. salt
- 200 g or 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 80 g or 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise
- 60 g or 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 10 ml or 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 283 g vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 125 g 1 cup chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- 150 g or 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line large baking pan with foil; coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugars, Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise, apple sauce and vanilla extract in large bowl with electric mixer 2 minutes.
- Beat in flour mixture on low speed in 3 additions just until combined.
- Beat in chocolate chips, pecans and cranberries. (Dough will be firm).
- Evenly pat cookie dough into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- Lift out of pan and cut into bars.
To make cookies, scoop dough into 2 -inch balls and bake 8-9 minutes. Chef Rob to advise on the inches.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.